Welcome to Day 6. Today we’re going to start a series of lessons in which you’ll learn how to setup a blog.
The easiest way that I know to setup a website is to use a free program called WordPress. You will need a good domain name and web hosting to setup your WordPress blog the right way.
To review, over the last few lessons you went through the steps of first brainstorming potential markets and then researching them to see if they’re profitable niches. Since we already done the keyword research, that means you should now have a market that you’d like to blog about and you may have some good ideas about domain names you like.
Since we have some of the market research behind us, now we’re ready for your next step which I’ve divided into 2 parts for clarity.
So how do you choose the right domain?
There are several factors to consider .
Here’s 10 tips to consider when choosing a domain name for your website:
1. Get a “.com” extension (rather than .net, .org, etc). The .com name is still the most recognizable and popular extension, so choose a .com name whenever possible.
2. The name should be descriptive. In other words, someone should get a sense of what your blog is about just by seeing the domain name.
Example: It’s clear that “dogtraining.com” will be about dog training.
3. The name should be easy to remember and say. A name like “dogtraining4u” is cutesy, but it’s not a good name. That’s because someone who hears the name doesn’t know if the “4” is for, fore, four or 4. Likewise, the “u” (you) at the end can cause problems.
4. Use keywords. Go back to your keyword research. Did you see any keywords that would make a good domain name? If so, purchase a name with those keywords. But don’t choose a keyword-laden name in lieu of the other factors above. That’s because your domain name is just one small factor that helps determine your search engine rankings.
5. Use a reliable domain registrar. GoDaddy.com is the most well know domain registrar and also the most reliable. This service is so valuable to my customers that I purchased a wholesaler website from them. This allows me to set a lower price than GoDaddy. I suggest you use my discount GoDaddy reseller service located at www.RealDomainSucess.com.
5 More Tips To Consider When Choosing a Domain Name:
- KISS, keep it super simple – if you have to explain the name, it’s probably not a good name.
- Avoid dashes
- It should be easy to spell
- Is it easy to remember?
- It should not be too long if possible
Step 2: Now that we’ve looked at how to choose a good domain name let’s continue setting up your WordPress Blog…